Bookly Rest Api Overview
We created the “Bookly Rest Api” addon to allow users to read appointments, staff, services and customers data created with the Bookly plugin from anywhere. In it’s most basic form, a rest api separates the content from its presentation, freeing developers and users to use their data as they would like. The rest api is provided in a simple to use and understand json format.
- More responsive and faster interactions and content updates as the WordPress admin ui flow is by passed.
- More control over how your appointments, staff, services and customers data are presented to your end users, as plugin php functions are not needed.
- Display content in an external website or intranet not using php or WordPress, in this case WordPress would server more like a content management system.
- Mobile application built for IOS or Android would be able to use your WordPress backend to manage appointments and present the data in the mobile apps in a way that fits the audience.
- Visualize appointments, staff, services and customers data in reporting services such as Power Bi.
- Act on or show data in low cost rapid application development solutions such as powerapps.
- Integrate appointments, staff, services and customers data with process automation platforms such as Zapier.com, Ifttt.com, Integromat.com and flow.microsoft.com, to create compelling and robust business automation scenarios.
Find the details about our plugin’s functionality in our comprehensive write up.
- Bookly Plugin
- WordPress installation with Http_Authentication enabled on said server