What is BasePress
BasePress is the perfect solution to add a knowledge base to any existing WordPress website. It features a single or multi product mode to keep all of your articles organized, allowing your visitors to find the information they need without confusion.
Full Features list
Single and Multi Product mode that can be changed at any time.
Content can be organized with 2 or 3 level structure:
2 levels – Products->Sections->Articles
3 levels – Products->Sections->Sub-Sections->Articles
- Live Smart search with snippets of the content for each found articles with highlighted terms.
- Search results sorted by visitors views and votes.
- Smart search on/off.
- Limit smart search results.
- Custom search placeholder text.
- Custom search button text.
- Show submit button on/off.
- Breadcrumbs for easy navigation.
- Custom knowledge base name for breadcrumb.
- Sections pagination.
- SEO friendly permalinks.
- Works with both plain and pretty permalinks.
- Articles voting on/off.
- Custom votes question.
- Hide dislike button on/off.
- Show votes counters on/off.
- Multiple vote icons selector.
- Bulk actions to reset articles votes and views independently.
- Possibiliy to have multiple themes (only one can be used at one time).
- List and boxed style for sections and sub-section selectable independently.
- 1 to 4 columns layout for product and sections pages.
- Limit articles list quantity in sections pages.
- Show sections icons on/off.
- Show articles icons on/off.
- Show article counter in sections on/off.
- Add image and description to products.
- Add Icon and description to sections.
- Easy products and sections editor powered by Ajax.
- Products, sections and articles reorder with drag & drop.
- Multiple templates for articles.
- Easily create your own themes and templates with ad hoc templating functions.
- Products list widget.
- Sections list widget.
- Related articles widget.
- Popular articles widget based on votes and views.
- Easy shortcode editor to create list of knowledge base articles with result tester.
- BasePress is translation ready via .pot files as per WordPress standard.
- English and Italian translations are included.
Easy to use
BasePress is ready to use in one minute. You just need to create a page in your site and place a single shortcode. Set few options according to your likings and you are ready to start creating your products, sections and articles. BasePress comes with a dedicated editor to create your products and sections very similar to the standard WordPress category editor but with an extra edge. You will find the Ajax powered interface to be much faster to work with. Products and sections can be reordered directly in the editor. The products editor icludes an image selector if you want to present your products more visually. The sections editor instead includes and icon iselector for your sections. The articles list in the administration allows you to see how many votes and views a page has received.
Perfect for Designers
BasePress was build to make theming as simple as possible allowing you to merge it in your design flowlessly. It features many dedicated functions to use in any template to build all necessary elements like the searchbar, breadcrumbs, pagination etc. BasePress generates ordered results for your loop according to customer options.